International cooperation in science and innovation, including details about key players can be found below. International collaborators can range from individual scientist-to scientist interactions to large team based projects and programmes between countries.
1. The British Council builds lasting relationship s between scientists and researchers around the world to contribute to the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
2. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has an overseas network that supports the UK government’s innovation agenda and they have a Science & Innovation Network in London to manage and support the extended network.
3. UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) offers support and advice on developing British trade and investment in overseas markets
4. Government Office for Science has an International Unit that delivers world class science and innovation in the UK by promoting international science and technology cooperation to the benefit of UK researchers, business and government. Links are bilateral and multilateral.
5. Department for International Development (DfID) is responsible for promoting development and reducing poverty. They understand the importance of communicating with other funders as well.
6. The Natural Resources Institute (NRI) provides research, consultancy and training services in the environment and natural resources sector to support development assistance programmes on an international level.