The Young Creative Entrepreneur Interactive Media award finds the brightest stars in the world of international media, recognizing the importance of entrepreneurs in industry development, championing their independent sector and representing the best of what’s going on in their local scene.
Since 2007, 60 young media entrepreneurs from more than 40 countries have taken part in the programme, building an active alumni network in the process, seeing the creation of new collaborations and business, co-productions, increased profiles, showcasing of work and participation at international festivals and industry events.
This year we are suggesting you to join this network, to win the national competition and to participate in a shared programme in the UK with valuable networking and idea exchange with their international and UK peers in the interactive media sector.
- To connect a global network of innovative emerging entrepreneurs in the creative sector
- To champion those who find new ways to take creative work to audiences and communities – e.g. using new models of production, distribution, value – and highlights the wider social, economic and cultural benefits in doing so
- To catalyse future collaboration and business between the UK and participating countries around the world.
- To showcase your individual achievement and potential in the sector of interactive media
- To win and promote Lithuania’s interactive media sector that you believe deserve to reach an international market.
- To win all expenses paid one week trip to UK and during a tour to take part in a wide range of business networking opportunities
Participants should be working in any of the following areas of the sectors:
- Interactive software, entertainment and games developers, specialist agencies, and publishers – working across various platforms (internet, broadcast, consoles and mobile devices)
- Developers of social media websites/platforms (where not predominately linked to other sectors – i.e. a music social network with its roots in the music business is likely more suited to music award)
- Specialists/consultants/agencies supporting the development of these industries (i.e. skills for scriptwriting, visual effects etc.)
Also, they should fit the following criteria:
- Be aged between 21 and 40
- Already work in the media sector (as above) with at least three years experience
- Be entrepreneurial and have shown an ability in the promotion and development of the media sector in Lithuania, in either a commercial context, public context, or both
- Through your character, drive and abilities, demonstrate your potential as a future leader of the sector and a partner for the UK – which would see further work between Lithuania and the UK
- Have English language skills to IELTS 6 - ‘competent user’ or above
In October 2012 the national finalist will travel to the UK for a one week industry programme to develop opportunities for commercial and collaborative work in future.
The programme will include:
- Curated group meetings to give an overview of what’s happening in the UK media industry
- Peer networking with the international participants and UK young media entrepreneurs
- Access to senior UK industry figures (master-class and a lunch for select invitees), including potential advice/ongoing mentoring and investment
- Time for individual business meetings
- Attendance at London Film Festival, Power to the Pixel and other partner events, including an international networking reception where participants give a short pitch about their work to delegates
Fill in the application form and send it to: email@example.com by June 29th, 2012. If you have any questions, feel free to contact D. Kizniene, Projects and Partnerships Manager.