YCE Design and Fashion participants can be drawn from any of the following areas of the sectors:
- Architecture, interiors and environment
- Product design manufacture: furniture, industrial products and craft
- Fashion, textile, accessories or perfume design and production
- Design and fashion promotion: shows, exhibitions, festivals, events
- Design and fashion retail: buying, merchandising
- Design and fashion product research, sourcing, supply chain management
- Design and fashion marketing, PR, branding, communications, journalism, publishing
A participant must:
- Be aged between 21 and 40 at the date applications are due
- Already work in the creative sector (as per sectoral definitions below) with at least three years experience
- Be entrepreneurial and have shown their ability in the promotion of that creative sector in their country, in either a commercial context, public context, or both
- Through their character, drive and abilities, demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the sector in their country and a future partner for the UK
- Have English language skills to IELTS 6 - ‘competent user’ or above
In September 2012 national winners will participate in a shared programme in the UK with valuable networking and idea exchange with their international and UK peers in the design and fashion sectors. The UK tour will run alongside London Design Festival and London Fashion Week industry events.
Please click here for the application form. The deadline to apply is July 1st 2012.
You can download more information about the award.