Purpose of the policy
This policy is written to serve as a guideline for Resource Centre staff as well as for customers, parents and children regarding the usage of Resource Centre public computers and Internet access.
Rules of conduct
1 Internet computers will not be used to chat or for other illegal activity, to access illegal materials, or to access materials which by local community standards would be obscene.
2. Resource Centre employees are authorised to take prompt and appropriate actions to enforce the Rules of Conduct, and/or to prohibit use by persons who fail to comply with the Internet Acceptable Use Policy as stated or implied herein
3. Installation, downloading, or modification of software is prohibited.
4. Users will respect copyright laws and licensing agreements.
5. Users will not make any attempt to gain unauthorised access to restricted files or networks, or to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
6. Payment is required by users who incur charges for printing. Payment should be arranged with Resource Centre staff prior to printing.
7. Access sessions could be limited to thirty minutes. Such limitation will be dependent on facility-specific demand in order to provide access for the majority of users.
8. Users must end their session and leave the terminal when asked to do so by authorised Resource Centre staff.
9. Upon completion of an Internet access session, a user may be required to wait 30 minutes before signing up for another session. Such limitation will be dependent on facility-specific demand in order to provide access for the majority of users.
10. Users will respect the privacy of other users, and will refrain from attempting to view or read material being used by others.
11. By mutual agreement, two persons may share one access session as long as their behaviour or conversation does not disturb other users or Resource Centre staff.
Sources used to write this policy are: www.sat.lib.tx.us/inetuse.htm