We provide a number of products and services for education agents. These include:
In recognition of the work agents do to promote UK a certificated online course has been designed for agents by the British Council. This global training programme is delivered and managed in-country.
The purpose of the course is to:
- Develop agents capacity to work effectively with UK institutions
- Improve knowledge and understanding of the UK as a study destination
- Increase knowledge of UK study programmes
- Enable agents/representatives to provide high quality information, resources and services to students seeking an international education
- Provide agents/representatives with the skills and resources needed to provide relevant, accurate and trustworthy information.
The course is delivered on-line over a period of eight weeks with secure access. It comprises of two units:
- Studying and living in the UK
- Costs and finance
- Working while studying
- Visas, immigration and dependants
- Why choose a UK education
- How the UK education system works
- English language learning
- School and tutorial college education
- Further and work based education
- Higher education - undergraduate study
- Higher education - postgraduate study
- Study for a UK qualification in your own country
- Resources and support
Candidates complete online assessment following each unit and the course culminates in a final (written) formal assessment conducted under exam conditions at the local British Council office.
Please contact Agent.Enquiries@britishcouncil.org for further details.
The UK's visa system has changed a lot over the last few years. To answer some of your questions, the British Council has invited the UK Border Agency to deliver a 15 minute online training seminar. You can watch and listen to the seminar online here.
Click on this link, and the presentation should start. To listen to it, you will need to plug some headphones into your computer or turn on your computer's speakers.
Agents can access information on UK education through our extensive list of Education UK publications.
The Education UK websites enable agents to access local information and news in their local language.
In order to encourage agents to adopt ethical and professional standards of conduct, we have designed a Guide to Good Practice.
On the Education UK website there are a number of subject-specific pages, containing information students need to know when considering studying in the UK. They provide guidance to popular subjects for study and application and are a useful tool for agents as well as students.
Currently under development, agents will be able to register their information on a new agent area of the recently-relaunched Education UK website, such as contact details, size of company, services, charging structures, institution references and types of products they are seeking to represent. This will replace the agent zones on the previous Education UK websites.
Agents can attend networking events or present promotional seminars at our Education UK exhibitions.
Agents can familiarise themselves with UK institutions and the wider aspects of studying in the UK by participating in an inward visit.