The Policy Dialogues are designed to provide a forum for the discussion of opportunities, challenges and choices facing policy-makers and educators in the area of English Language Teaching across Latin America.
- To understand better the common issues facing policy-makers and educators across the region and to propose solutions;
- To explore the role of English as an instrument for positive social transformation;
- To create a mutually supportive, pan-regional network of English educators and policy-makers and influencers.
High-level policy-makers from federal/state Ministries/local education authorities across Latin America and other senior stake-holders from public and private institutions involved in the planning and implementation of ELT policy.
Annual forums in different countries across the continent:
- Cartagena 2012: English for the Future
- Rio de Janeiro 2013: English for Social Transformation *(Title to be confirmed)
- Buenos Aires 2014: Bilingual Education *(Title to be confirmed)
English and New Technologies
- Transforming learning
- Teacher development
- The next steps
English and Teacher Education
- Initial teacher education
- Continuing professional development
- Impact and sustainability
English in the Early Years